60th Annual Little League Parade
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
Place: Rye Train Station Plaza
Time: Assemble at 11:30 a.m. Parade begins at 12 Noon.
Games at Grainger:
1:30 pm Rye Girls Softball Founders Field
- All teams are to be in full uniform with sneakers, not cleats. Each team will carry its team banner (which will be distributed at the train station) and sponsor sign
- Please make signs thanking your sponsor !
- Please have your players’ walk four abreast.
- Players should arrive at the train station at 11:30 a.m. Commissioners and Managers should help with crowd control and with line-up of teams.
- Commissioners will be responsible for their league.
Please Note: Absolutely NO skateboards, scooters, heeleys, roller blades, bicycles or DOGS!!! With 1000 people marching, this is a safety issue!
The parade will begin at 12 Noon at Station Plaza and proceed along Purchase Street to Milton Road. The parade continues along Milton Road, crossing Playland Parkway and then we cross through cemetery and proceed into Disbrow Park.
CEREMONIES AT GRAINGER FIELD:
All teams line-up on field. Ceremonies will commence with the National Anthem. Players should stand quietly with caps off. Coaches are to maintain order throughout the ceremonies. After the speeches, each team will send one adult to collect the hot dogs and one to collect the water. Each team is responsible for cleaning up their area.
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN:
You will be advised of any rain date info on the message.