Eligibility Rules 2021
The Rye Little League invites children born between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2015 to play during the 2021 Spring Season.
The fee for the Spring 2021 Season is $150 for Tee Ball and $250 for Minors, Intermediates, or Majors. This amount will include the purchase of a team jersey and hat, which you will keep. Registration will be full price for the first player in a family and a $50 discount will be applied for each additional player, with a maximum total per family of $700.
Regular registration will be open from December 20, 2020 through January 20, 2021. This allows enough time to recruit coaches, order uniforms and schedule fields. Registration requests received beginning January 21, 2021 will be considered late and will incur an additional $50 fee. Registration will close February 15, 2021.
Confidential scholarships are available—please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you played last year, you must register to play in 2021.
1) Residency and School Attendance Eligibility
In an effort to accommodate for Little Leaguers to play with their classmates, and ease the burden on parents and guardians, Little League has amended its residency requirements to allow children to play in the local league whose boundaries include the school they attend. To verify enrollment for players living outside of Rye, parents will need to provide an official school document, such as a report card or school enrollment form, confirming enrollment in the school for the current academic year, dated before October 1, 2020.
2) A Birth Certificate or passport must be on file before a player is eligible. If this is your first year in Rye Little League, you must upload a copy during registration online or send an emailed copy to Registration@RyeLittleLeague.com.
3) If a player does not attend at least 50 percent of his or her games, Rye Little League can prohibit the player from participation the following year or in tournament.
4) Participation in the Spring Season is required for registration in the Summer or Fall Seasons.
1) Practices will begin once Rye Rec officially opens our fields, typically in late-March or early-April. The regular season will conclude by the end of June, before school is out. Generally teams play one weekday evening game/practice and one Saturday game/practice each week. Our tee ball league will play on Sundays and every second Wednesday. Majors and Intermediates rain outs may be rescheduled for Sundays.
2) Rye Little League will field three tournament teams for players ages 10, 11, and 12 after the regular season ends. These teams will be selected by the Board of Rye Little League based upon player and coach voting as well as a tryout in late May. They will compete during June, July and potentially August in their respective Little League World Series Tournaments.
All eligible players who register on time will play Little League baseball in one of the four leagues: Majors, Intermediates, Minors, Tee Ball (i.e., there are no cuts).
A player’s age on August 31st is his/her "Little League Age" for the season's spring season.
· Little League Age 6 players (generally Kindergarteners) will typically play in Tee Ball.
· Little League Age 7 and 8 players (generally 1st and 2nd graders) will typically play in Minors
· Little League Age 9 and 10 players (generally 3rd and 4th graders) will typically play in Intermediates
· Little League Age 11 and 12 players (generally 5th and 6th graders) will typically play in Majors
· Players who are Little League Age 9 that did not play in the Intermediate League in the 2020 season must attend a 20-minute tryout to be drafted onto an Intermediate League team.
· Players who are Little League Age 11 that did not play in the Major League in the 2020 season must attend a 20-minute tryout to be drafted onto a Major League team.
· Players who are Little League Age 10 and hoping to play in the Major League are welcome to attend tryouts. Very few spots (likely ranging from 0 to 5) will be available for Little League Age 10 players in the Major League, and placement will also be contingent upon Little League Age 11 and 12 registration numbers, as we will limit Majors roster sizes.
· It is not mandatory for 10 year-olds to attend a tryout if they intend to play in the Intermediate League, as they will be placed on the same team in Intermediates they were assigned to last spring, without a tryout.
· Players who were in the Major League last year do not need to attend a tryout, as they will remain on the same team.
· Players Little League Age 9-12 who are new to Rye Little League need to tryout to be drafted onto either an Intermediates or Majors team.
· Tryouts dates are TBD at this stage, as we will not likely have access to the Rye High School gym this winter. There will be separate tryout sessions for Little League Age 9 players for Intermediates and Little League Age 11 players for Majors. Any parents of Little League Age 10 players who wish to tryout for Majors should contact the Rye Little League President directly at email@example.com.
If a refund is requested before teams are assigned a check will be issued from RLL in the amount of registration, minus $20 convenience charge. (Processing with a Purpose will not issue refunds.) After teams are assigned, requests for refunds will need the Board's consideration of the situation. (Again Processing with a Purpose will not issue refunds.)
QUESTIONS: Email Registration@RyeLittleLeague.com with any questions on the registration process for Little League Baseball.
Please consider Volunteering.
If interested, please indicate on your player's application. Then complete the Volunteer Application Form located on the "Documents" tab to the left and submit to League Commissioner.
Only those individuals that have completed the form will be considered. Little League requires that background checks be performed on all volunteers.