Eligibility Rules 2020
The Rye Little League invites children born between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2014 to play during the 2020 Spring Season.
The fee for the Spring 2020 Season is $150 for Tee Ball and $250 for Minors, Intermediates, or Majors. This amount will include the purchase of a uniform (shirt, pants and hat), which you will keep. Registration will be full price for the first player in a family and a $50 discount will be applied for each additional player.
Regular registration will be open from November 20, 2019 through January 15, 2020. This allows enough time to recruit coaches, order uniforms and schedule fields. Registration requests received beginning January 16, 2020 will be considered late and will incur an additional $50 fee. Registration will close February 1st, 2020.
Confidential scholarships are available—please email: email@example.com
Even if you played last year, you must register to play in 2020.
1) Residency and School Attendance Eligibility
In an effort to accommodate for Little Leaguers to play with their classmates, and ease the burden on parents and guardians, Little League has amended its residency requirements to allow children to play in the local league whose boundaries include the school they attend. To verify enrollment for players living outside of Rye, parents will need to provide an official school document, such as a report card or school enrollment form, confirming enrollment in the school for the current academic year, dated before October 1, 2019.
2) A Birth Certificate or passport must be on file before a player is eligible. If this is your first year in Rye Little League, you must upload a copy during registration online or send an emailed copy to Registration@RyeLittleLeague.com.
3) If a player does not attend at least 50 percent of his or her games, Rye Little League can prohibit the player from participation the following year or in tournament.
4) Participation in the Spring Season is required for registration in the Summer or Fall Seasons.
1) Practices will begin once Rye Rec officially opens our fields, typically in late-March or early-April. The regular season will conclude by the end of June, before school is out. Generally teams play one weekday evening game/practice and one Saturday game/practice each week. Our tee ball league will play on Sundays and every second Wednesday. Majors and Intermediates rain outs will often be rescheduled for Sundays.
2) Rye Little League will field three tournament teams for players ages 10, 11, and 12 after the regular season ends. These teams will be selected by the Board of Rye Little League based upon player and coach voting as well as a tryout in late May. They will compete during June, July and potentially August in their respective Little League World Series Tournaments.
All eligible players who register on time will play Little League baseball in one of the four leagues: Majors, Intermediates, Minors, Tee Ball (i.e., there are no cuts).
A player’s age on August 31, 2020 is his or her Little League age for this year's spring and summer seasons.
· 6-year-olds (generally Kindergarteners) will typically play in Tee Ball.
· 7- and 8-year-olds (generally 1st and 2nd graders) will typically play in Minors
· 9- and 10-year-olds (generally 3rd and 4th graders) will typically play in Intermediates
· 11- and 12-year-olds (generally 5th and 6th graders) will typically play in Majors
· Players who are 11-year-olds that did not play in the Major League in the 2019 season must attend a 20-minute tryout to be drafted onto a Major League team.
· 10 year-olds hoping to play in the Major League are welcome to attend tryouts. It is not mandatory for 10 year-olds to attend a tryout if they intend to play in the Intermediate League, as they will be placed on a team in Intermediates without a tryout.
· Very few spots (ranging from 0 to 10 players) will be available for 10 year-olds in the Major League, and placement will also be contingent on 11- and 12-year-old registration numbers in the Major League.
· Tryouts will be on February 8, 2020 in the Rye High School Gym. Details will follow, and there will be separate sessions for 10 year-olds and 11 year-olds. If a 10 year-old player cannot make the tryout, but would like to be eligible for the Major League, the parent MUST e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE THE TRYOUTS to determine an alternative date.
· Players who were in the Major League last year do not need to attend a tryout, as they will remain on the same team.
· Players who are 12-year-olds and who are new to Rye Little League need to tryout. This helps assess the players and ensure they are assigned to an appropriate team.
If a refund is requested before teams are assigned a check will be issued from RLL in the amount of registration, minus $20 convenience charge. (Processing with a Purpose will not issue refunds.) After teams are assigned, requests for refunds will need the Board's consideration of the situation. (Again Processing with a Purpose will not issue refunds.)
QUESTIONS: Email Registration@RyeLittleLeague.com with any questions on the registration process for Little League Baseball.
Please consider Volunteering.
If interested, please indicate on your player's application. Then complete the Volunteer Application Form located on the "Documents" tab to the left and submit to League Commissioner.
Only those individuals that have completed the form will be considered. Little League requires that background checks be performed on all volunteers.